In 2015, half of the adults in the United States were diagnosed with Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes.
Fifteen years ago Type II diabetes was unheard of in young people, but recently those numbers have risen to over 21 percent. Many doctors believe these drastic numbers are coming from increasing numbers of obesity in America.
The following symptoms of diabetes are typical. However, some people with type 2 diabetes have symptoms so mild that they go unnoticed.
Common Symptoms of Diabetes
- Urinating often
- Feeling very thirsty
- Feeling very hungry - even though you are eating
- Extreme fatigue
- Blurry vision
- Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
- Weight loss - even though you are eating more (type 1)
- Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2)
Early detection and treatment of diabetes can decrease the risk of developing the complications of diabetes.
- See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes
At Active Living Health Center, we treat both children and adults with Diabetes. We run preliminary diagnostic tests to evaluate the function of your pancreas and digestive system to determine your risk factors. At our office each patient is given an individualized plan that encourages them to make diet and lifestyle changes that control the inflammatory response of the body and correct the root cause of the dysfunction.
Each Program Includes
- Initial Examination and Consultation
- Comprehensive Bloodwork to identify nutritional deficiencies
- Guided Purification to rid your body of toxins and help it function optimally
- Nutritional Consulting
- Personalized Diet Plan
- Physician Grade Supplements